Wednesday, October 22, 2008

A little bit of Paradise

We have a gorgeous ocean right out the window of Ron's house. 100 feet or so down. It's on the west side of the peninsula. But I decided I wanted to hike to the other side of the Zanpa peninsula and see the beach there. After about an hour or so of hiking through pockets of residential area, and larger pockets of sugarcane fields, I found a lovely, almost deserted beach area. For over an hour I explored the tidal pools, rocks, a couple of caves, and sorted through about a bazillion pieces of coral and shells. I did see 2 scuba divers just as I was leaving and I got a really lively 'doggie fix' from a young Japanese woman who was treating her companion to a romp on the beach.

The dog's name sounded something like 'Dusty' so that's what I called him. Bless her heart, the young lady was most disturbed when Dusty jumped up on my leg and left a few grains of sand! By the time I left them the grains of sand had thankfully been multiplied many times over. Good dog, Dusty!

No comments: