Saturday, May 2, 2009

Return to La Paz, BCS, Mexico - It's About Time!

HOLA from Mexico!






It has been two days since my return to La Paz and I am so excited to be back aboard Argo with Capt. Ron Miller. There have been a few changes since I was here last, just over a year ago. My first and maybe greatest shock was passing a brand new Super Walmart and Sam's Club at the edge of town. What could be next? Despite my feelings for Walmart which most people know, I have shopped there twice in two days.




The two photos are of the Wyland mural just across the street from the Malecon here in La Paz. It rises 3 or 4 stories tall. Wyland has various murals all over the world. This one is spectacular. He does have local help when these are painted. The pelican which hovers over the whale, better seen in the second photo, was actually painted by Frank Hills, a local artist and one of Ron's friends.






No comments: