Sunday, May 17, 2009

The art of Tequila


When I lived in La Paz in 2007-8 I discovered the 'La Casa del Patron', a very nice wine and spirits store a few short blocks from the Marina.
Since I do not normally imbibe, I don't quite remember how I came to be in this fine establishment. Accompanied by someone else that's for sure.
Browsing for drink was of no interest to me, but these beautifully decorated Tequila bottles, hand made and painted here in Mexico, surely did catch my eye. I purchased two previously, a large and a small one. They currently reside in Iowa.
I happened to be traveling near the same store last Friday and decided to drop in once again - - to browse for art. And I spied this beauty decked out in what I describe as 'my colors'! Ron will graciously empty the vessel of the Tequila of which I want no part. But the artful bottle is destined to join its predecessors in Iowa.

No comments: