Saturday, May 30, 2009

Pickled Pete, Perchance

It had been a long afternoon and I had put miles and miles on my Ecco sandals. It was time to head back for the motel which meant more than a mile yet to travel in those Ecco's. But I had had a very successful visit to Seaport Village. Lots of photos for possible blogging. Great memories of my time along the Embarcadero and Seaport Village. And a FIND -- a PELICANO!! which I had been looking for for the last two years. NO, that is NOT the pelican pictured here. That's a parrot. Even in Iowa we know the difference between a pelican and a parrot. ANYWAY, -- this delightful character was noticed outside a kite shop in the Seaside Village. It may have been called 'Kite Flight' but I'm not certain. But I was certain that I got quite a bump in my flagging spirits at the sight of this winged margarita drinker. Salud!
BTW --- the pelican is in the form of a necklace piece. It is only about an inch or so tall and is made of sterling silver with accents of Australian blue opal. I love, love, love it!---But it's a bit too small to photograph. But I'll keep trying.

No comments: