Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Where Am I?




La Paz, BCS ( Baja California Sur, the name of the state ) Mexico. I am living on Argo, Ron's trawler in the Marina de La Paz which is pictured in the photos. La Paz is really a big city, over 200,000 people. It looks big from the photos but does not have a big city feel when you are driving around. No high rise buildings. Well, maybe a couple but nothing over 4 or 5 stories. And most are only 1 or 2 stories. We are within easy walking distance of the downtown area. There is a good bus system too but I like to look and so enjoy the walk. This is not a touristy town, like Cabo San Lucas down the road. I am able to get by, usually, with what Spanish I know, and sign language. The locals frequently know a little English as well, and those working at the Marina even more so. You will certainly see other gringos when you are out and about, but not the influx that has been moving into Cabo.

No comments: