Monday, June 1, 2009

Charming Pelican Charm


Wednesday afternoon I spent along the San Diego Embarcadero and that led, naturally, to Seaport Village. Seaport Village is a congregation of several dozen delightful little specialty shops, all geared toward the discrimating tourist. Or anyone willing to part with extra bills cluttering their wallets.
Almost done in after a whirlwind spree through this tract of boutiques I headed toward home -- or the motel as it happened to be. A jewelry store caught my eye. Not usually one to cross the threshold of such establishments, I never-the-less found myself heading in just that direction. A 'sale' sign beckoned me further.
Once inside I quickly browsed the displayed merchandise. Fine jewelry, and the prices for the same, do not lend me to squandering much time or energy to close observation -- usually. Then I was astounded when I caught sight of this wondrous pelican, or pelicano, as I have come to call them. ( My Spanish vocabulary at work. ) For the last two years I have been on the lookout for a replica of my favorite marine bird, in sterling silver, preferably, in such a size to find a comfortable home on my Tilley hat. Or neck - hung on an appropriate chain. All for a price I was quite comfortable with as well. SOLD
The main portion of the pelican is sterling silver and the blue is Australian opal. So I was informed by the most helpful sales person.

No comments: