Thursday, February 7, 2008

Yikes! Got to watch those Yokohama Waves!


We toured the north part of the island today. A goodly share of the drive was just along the beaches and the views were incredible. This wave didn't get us but the next one did. I wasn't expecting it to get to me, especially as I had on a good pair of leather shoes I really didn't want wetted down with salty sea water--but no matter, the next one came at me as I was trying to get a shot. It was on me before I knew it. Thankfully it was only up to my knees and didn't knock me down. Wouldn't have done my camera any good that's for sure. Just afterwards the lifeguard showed up on his 4 wheeler to warn us about the high waves! Only a couple of waves too late. But it was absolutely breathtaking--and the shoes will dry.

No comments: