Friday, February 1, 2008

Jackie and Joy Del Join Us in Paradise

On day 7 of my visit to Paradise, I mean Hawaii, Ron's mom, Joy Del, and his sister, Jackie, joined us from Santa Cruz, California.
~~~~~~~~~~

Ron greeted the two ladies at the Honolulu airport with gorgeous and incredibly fragrant traditional Hawaiian leis. As he had also greeted me almost a week previously.

After a tour of Hickam Air Force Base we were chauffeured by Ron to the Sammy Snead Tavern for a scrumptious mid- afternoon meal. We were perched on the balcony overlooking the 18th hole of the golf course. It was so good and we ate so much that dinner was not necessary later. --- All right, I will admit to a large slice of Passion Fruit Chiffon Double Layer Cake later before bed. But that's my Red Hat training coming out. Eat dessert first. If you are hungry after that, try the entree.

No comments: