Tuesday, April 13, 2010

New blog direction -- for now.

It's now been about 5 months since I left Ron, Argo, Baja and Mexico behind. Temporarily I do believe.

That means I have been wintering over in Iowa. Spring has now come in all her glory and made time spent in Iowa so much easier. It was, after all, a difficult winter. Nothing much to blog unless you wanted to hear how many inches of snow we had or that we had a record of over 90 days straight with the temperatures never rising to 32 degrees--freezing.

I was certainly happy, as I ALWAYS am about being retired. Not having to get out in the bad weather. But not much to blog about either.

So, I have decided to use this blog to post some of the watercolor paintings I have done in the past few months. Good heavens NO, they are not all here. But I have had requests to view some of them and this is by far easier than to email them individually to those who care to see them.

So bear with me. Remember that I am still very new to this idea of painting. I acknowledge having not an artistic bone in my body. And the paintings you see first are the more recent ones---the blog starts at the present and moves back in time. I don't expect them to be praised, or scorned, or critiqued. They are simply posted. I'll add to them as I see fit. After all, it is MY blog.

No comments: