Tuesday, April 13, 2010

March 8, 2010 Wildflowers




These are wildflowers like you've never seen before for the most part. Because they did not come from nature. I made them up. Quickly. It was a possible subject matter for a birthday card but this one and several before and after this one never amounted to much. But I will be trying to do flowers in the future. I have a real problem with impatience in my paintings. I want to see the painting done before it's barely begun. Usually I don't even wait for the paint to dry on it's own. I yank the project to the bathroom and hit it with the hair dryer. Some watercolor paintings are many layers of paint. If the earlier layer is not allowed to dry sufficiently adding another layer will too often turn the combining colors to mud! I know. Impatience. Something else I need to work on.

No comments: