Tuesday, November 24, 2009

LadyJane Has Left La Paz



XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOX

It's been almost two weeks now since I left La Paz. I flew out of La Paz on Volaris on November 10th, crossed the border on the Greyhound shuttle, and spent the first night in San Diego. My bags were outrageously overpacked as it was so I was very careful with my shopping excursion along the San Diego waterfront and SeaPort Village.
Leaving San Diego via Amtrak's Pacific Surfliner train I found was quite a nice way to travel though it got dark too early--or the train left too late, for maximum viewing of the Pacific ocean along the way. We traveled to Santa Barbara where we were met by an Amtrak bus which took us on to Emeryville, Ca. There I once again boarded an Amtrak train, the California Zephyr, for the 2 day journey to Ottumwa, Iowa. Having a Superliner Roomette was wonderful. My own room, an enormous picture window with incredible views, two comfortable seats which made into a very comfortable bed and all meals and lots of extras included.

All told 4 days from La Paz to Fairfield.

I am very happy to be back in Iowa though I do miss my friends and my life in La Paz. And I shall return!! My life has been immeasurable enriched by the time and experiences I have shared in Mexico. My horizons have exploded. My interests and passions multiplied. So many people have become so very dear to me in the past two and a half years. As have so many doggie pals. I carry you in my heart. And my memories.

To those I left behind: Hasta luego. I will see you when I see you.
Same for those here and elsewhere.

*****************************************************************************************


No comments: