Monday, October 26, 2009

Welcome to the V-Berth


Welcome to the v-berth which is 'my' room. The v-berth is the area of the boat just under the bow and is indeed in the shape of a V. This room originally held 4 bunks but Ron removed the upper one on the starboard side and I am so glad that he did. I can raise up without worrying about hitting my head. The two bunks on port side hold all my 'stuff'. The upper berth is holding my painting of 'Las Casitas Bonitas' by Frank Hills as well as my shower bag and a small rolling suitcase that holds mostly my journal and other paperwork. The lower berth holds all kinds of odds and ends. My suitcase doubles as a large drawer. I have a tray table that holds tea bags, vitamins and supplements, etc. The halogen light over the bed gets hours of workout every day/night. It's an excellent place to read. I also have a closet or hanging locker that holds mostly my shirts. I have two areas of 'bookshelf' in my room. One next to my pillows on the lower portside bunk and a smaller one that hangs from the mahogany slats on the starboard side. Under each lower bunk is also cabinets where we store canned goods, paper supplies, my tennies, extra engine oil, etc. etc. There is no wasted space on a boat.
The floor space in this room measures about 4 feet from the doorway to where the two lower berths meet and is about 3 feet wide at the doorway--not much space to have to keep clean!

No comments: