Monday, September 28, 2009

Casitas Bonitas ( Pretty Little Houses)

Crowned by the unique cactus frame, "Casitas Bonitas" by La Paz watercolorist Frank Hills is a jewel of serene color and peaceful pastoral theme. Is it any wonder I wished to transport this beauty to peaceful, pastoral Iowa? So much more than any item I have collected in my time here in Baja, this wonderful painting reveals what Baja California Sur means to me. And that despite my time here mostly being spent on the waters of the Bahia de La Paz and the Sea of Cortez. Outside La Paz, and not so far away, this scene from San Antonio is not at all difficult to find.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello! I will be in La Paz for 1 day and Topolobampo for 2 days at the end of this month. I love art and music, and found your blog as part of a google search for Dia de los Muertos. It sounds like you have created a wonderful life for yourself there. Do you have any "must see" attractions you would recommend? Thank you in advance! - Judy

Jane said...

Hola, Judy! If you only have one day in La Paz I would say to spend it along the Malecon. The weather should be beautiful and there are a number of statues as well as the natural land and seascape to view. There is a visitors center on the opposite side of the street as the Malecon. You can pick up a brochure that lists all the incredible art galleries, most within walking distance of the Malecon. Enjoy! Jane

Unknown said...

Thanks you so much!