Tuesday, August 11, 2009

On Being a Pesky Person in Pursuit of Pelicanos

I NEVER, EVER get tired of watching and photographing the common brown pelican seen so frequently here on the docks and waters of Marina de La Paz. I NEVER, EVER get tired, but suspect a few of my persecuted pelican subjects might have been tired by my pursuit.


Taking off and landing can present a challenge to these awkward appearing and gawky sea birds. I have seen some landings, pelicans dipping their beaks into the Sea at top speed in pursuit of supper, that would seem to put their necks at risk for breaking!


Shoving off to avoid a camera shoved into his face -- again.












Posing on the dock he does look quite photogenic, but I was after action shots this day. Which meant I had to encourage my friends to move along a bit sooner than they sometimes might have desired.








This fellow took a little verbal prodding and close quarters but got the idea. Besides he had had enough!







Liftoff









A not entirely graceless landing for this marine denizen.












This pair was more than delighted to see me return to Argo and retire the Olympus for awhile.









No comments: