Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Park Golf at Okuma


On Sunday Ron and I headed for a military resort in the north portion of Okinawa--Okuma. Beautiful area and home to a local Park Golf course. ~~~~~~
Now Park Golf is touted as a cross between regular golf and croquet but I really felt it was closer to golf and putt-putt. Luckily I have a bit of putt-putt experience in my far distant past. ~~~~~~~
The various fairways probably average 70 meters and a par of 3 to 5. I was totally shocked when on my fifth hole I was able to birdie ( one under par ) after my drive landed just about a meter from the hole. On the back 9 I birdied a second time, my tee shot landing less than a foot from the hole! I think I decided right then that I might just have to return and play this game again. ~~~~~~
Now granted that I was excited about the two birdies, but I do have to admit that probably half of my shots landed out of bounds and had to be 'let' back in. On occasion Ron guarded against my sending a ball into the lily pond. Thankfully I was only playing against Ron and he was very lenient about the rules for my first time. Of course he may have been thinking about my returning in the future as well.

No comments: